just for jamie!

i'm gonna start this post off with a trip through my crop bag. fun huh??? last saturday was our most recent crop and i still haven't unpacked my bag yet. this bag is just like the rest of my scrappy stuff at home: a complete un-organized mess. here we go!

first, this is what i see when i look into my crop bag. its not a very huge bag because i dont like to haul my whole stash when i crop. i can fit a chunky stack of paper, some ink and whatever embellishments.

and next we have the stack of paper i grabbed before i left my house. i mostly selected my papers at random, but i kept in mind that the photos i was gonna scrap had a lot of reds and browns. i like to match my paper to my photos because the colors in the paper will bring out the colors in my photos. i happened to have lots of basic grey in this stack :)

and here are the random embellishments to go with my random papers. i believe they are all die cut titles from My Mind's Eye, as well as some of their rubons. i only ended up using one die cut title because the rest didn't match what i was doing that night. i think this pile of stuff was much more random than my paper.
omg! the ribbon! my favorite part!!! i tell people all the time how much i love ribbon. i love ribbon so much that i will buy tons of it and display it in jars in my room so that everyone who comes to see me will see how much i love ribbon. whats the problem with that? I NEVER USE IT! its not that i dont want to, its just that its soooooo hard to cut up something so pretty!!! luckily, i spent about 20 minutes going through my ribbon stash to select pretty ribbons that i swore i would cut up and use! and i did! i used a lot actually...and i still have more to do! see that chunky red one? i need it in order to finish this page ive been owrking on...

and here is a pic of my favorite tool ever, the edge scraper. you slip your paper into that crack and run the tool up and down the edge of your paper to rough up the edges. i have used this bad boy so hard that i have to throw it away :( theres a little blade in between the 2 plastic pieces and i noticed that the blade chipped away. thats alright, i've gotten a new one!
my embossing folders. they are from cuttlebug, but i use them in my big shot. i have used them for pretty much everything but cards. my favorite thing to do with them is to emboss the image on a plain solid cardstock and ink it with paint, chalk or ink. when i was working on a halloween project, i embossed the haunted house folder on a piece of metal and colored it with black paint. IT CAME OUT SOOO COOL!! i just might show you one day :)
and the last item in my crop bag is my nail file. this is really a scrappy girl's best friend! rather than using a "scrapper's sanding block" i use a walmart mail file. what's the difference? about $4. i got this mail file in a 2-pack for one dollar. plus its pretty!

so that was my crop bag. when i finish the pages i worked on, i'll post them so you can see :)
how many of you voted in the poll? it closed on monday, and the result was a paper bag album! here is a teaser of the sample:
it features the june bug line from basic grey; lots of fun bright colors, flowers, polka dots and bottons!
you guys know bead girl right? well, she sent me this pic in an email! bead girl did our plaque make and take a couple of months ago and ever since, she's been making them like crazy! the picture is of one her friend made, isnt it so cute??
i'm loving all that bling! thanks for sharing jamie!

Are you ready to rock?! Scrapbook Heaven is giving away tickets to "No Doubt" live in concert! Award winning rock band "No Doubt" is coming on Wednesday, August 12th to the Blaisdell Center, and you can enter to win 2 tickets to see them! check out our website for details!

and before i go, here is a little clue about what you'll see next time! see you later!

Scrapbook Heaven's Fan Box